Monday, February 27, 2012

Venting

I don't usually like to make politically statements on my blog, but after reading so many articles about the Girl Scouts of American, I have to just vent.

Years ago when Jenni was small, I was one of her Girl Scout leaders. I thought it was a great organization and since I had been a Girl Scout many years ago, I was all for it. When it came time for the cookie drive, I had my eyes opened a bit.

I was in charge of collecting, storing and distributing all the cookies for our troop. My living room was literally packed with boxes of cookies to the ceiling. It was crazy! We spent many hours as a troop and me personally selling and accounting for all those cookies. And do you know what we got for all our hard work? $.50 per box for our troop. At the time the cookies were selling for $3.00 per box. Where did all the other money go? I started to dig deeper and over the years I discovered that Girl Scouts is nothing that I thought they were. They have a very liberal agenda and the values they spoke about at national conventions were nothing close to mine.

Since that time I have not bought any more cookies. It may sound radical to some of you, but what they are doing is just plain wrong. Perhaps you are thinking "just one box of thin mints won't do any harm". I disagree.

Today I came across a web site that made my blood boil. Here is the link:

http://www.100questionsforthegirlscouts.org/100/

What kind of organization for young girls promotes this kind of stuff? It makes me sick. All I could think about while reading this was "secret combinations". To make it even worse, they are sending out little girls to further their agenda. Pathetic.

Our children are being assaulted on every side and it is really time we just say no, we are not going to stand for this any longer. It may seem like a small thing, but remember, "By small and simple things are great things are brought to pass..."

So, while I think little girls in Girl Scout uniforms are adorable, I will not be purchasing any cookies when you knock on my door :)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Wow. I have to say I completely agree. And I just bought some Girl Scout cookies. NO MORE!