Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Joshers























I was out running errands this morning and started thinking about Josh and what a great son he is. I then began to realize that in a few short months, he will be gone from our home on a mission. And while yes, I am happy that he will be moving forward to the next level of his life, I will miss him. I will miss listening to him play the piano. I will miss him coming upstairs to my bedroom around 10 pm each night to talk about his day with me. I will miss cleaning up his hot chocolate mugs - okay, maybe not that one ;) but, I will miss him. Here are some things you may or may not know about him:

1. He has a wicked sense of humor. This kid is SILLY. The picture above is from Halloween 2011. Yes, he actually wore that to LDSBC. A while ago I was talking to him about how lonely he will be on his mission and how he will miss me. His reply? "I have a large enough ego that I will never be alone..."

2. He gets up at 5:30 am to get catch a bus to go to college and does not usually get home until around 6 pm at night on the days he has school (Monday, Wednesday and Friday). He is taking a full load - 16 credits and earned a 4.0 last term, enabling him to make the Dean's List.

3. He also works 30 plus hours a week on his days "off" from school (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday) as a delivery driver for Mark's business, Mattress Dealzz.

4. He volunteers at an elementary school in SLC in a Kindergarten class. It started out being a requirement for one of his classes last term, but he liked it so much, he still goes and helps out the teacher.

5. He takes his church calling very seriously and I must say, does a great job. He is straddling two worlds right now; after high school and before mission. Yet he still manages to has put his whole heart into his calling. On Sundays his day is just as full as other days - 7:30 am Mission Prep, 9:00 am church, 12 pm passes Sacrament to shut-ins in the ward, 1pm, presidency meeting and then he finally gets to rest...unless he is needed for fast offerings. His Sundays are as full as mine!

6. He passed out Valentines to students at college yesterday. Not just the students he knows, but to everyone he saw. He told me that people LOVED it.

7. He has a soft spot in his heart for our cats, Maddie and Mr Scribbles. He lets them sleep with him at night and the sit on his lap when he actually has time to play his X-Box. He told me that they had both better be alive when he gets back. Well, one will be here for sure...the other? She may be sent to kitty heaven before too long...

8. He consumes enormous amounts of hot chocolate. Not just in the winter months, but all year round. Mission care packages will be easy...chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.

1 comment:

Marja Liisa said...

That is a great post! He will be a great missionary!