Thursday, January 26, 2012

Futsal

Emma has started to play Futsal and I like it!
Before last Saturday I had never seen a Futsal game
and was not sure what we would be in for.
However, I was pleasantly surprised.
It is a very fast-paced type of indoor soccer that
is really fun to watch.

Emma's soccer team decided to play Futsal this year
to help sharpen
their foot skills and
keep them in shape for
the upcoming spring season.

She was an animal out there and was dying to be on the court at all times.
The only drawback to Futsal is that
only 5 girls are on the court at once.

That makes for shorter playing times
during the gameso that everyone
can have a chance.

It was funny watching her on the bench
itching to come back on the court.
She played a total of 5 minutes and scored 4 goals...
...not too shabby :)
... And her team won, 6-2.

I did not take my camera last Saturday
so I do not have any pictures.
However, this Saturday I hope to be better prepared
and may even bring my video recorder to
hopefully capture
a couple of goals!

No comments: