Thursday, January 5, 2012

Emma's Vanity


















































I finished Emma's vanity the day that Tara went into labor --thank goodness--and I think it turned out pretty darn cute. She loved it and was completely surprised. Somehow I managed to delete my "before" pictures, but let's just say it was pretty ugly. When I first saw it, I was not sure but thought the shape had potential. And for $15.00 how could I lose?

I love the "bling" I added on the mirror. It was just the right amount of sparkle. I also love the mod podge scrapbook paper I lined the drawers and the little cubby under the mirror. Jenni and I also searched high and low for just the right hardware for the knobs. I saved even more money when I decided to spray paint the hardware silver. It was previously a horrible goldish color. I even spray painted the screws so I would have to purchase new ones. The whole thing cost around $35.00 -- Not too shabby!!!

I am now inspired to refinish my kitchen table...That is scheduled to happen next week :)

2 comments:

Marja Liisa said...

You are hired to do my kitchen table if you want!:} The vanity is very cute!

Johnson Family said...

My table could also use a makeover. You did a nice job!!!