Monday, December 12, 2011

What's Up

During the busy time of year I just can't seem to find time to sit and post too many things. A lot is happening, I just don't have time to record it. However, tonight I plan to take a couple of minutes and update my journal. Here goes...

We are waiting for our granddaughter to arrive. Tara has an induction date set for December 26th, so the end is in sight. In the meantime, I am madly getting things done so that I can help her when the big day arrives. Austin is finished with finals and now just working and waiting to be a Daddy. And I am getting excited to be a grandma :)

Jenni has had strep throat. Poor gal. Thankfully, Cordell has been taking care of her and she is finally beginning to feel better. This is the first time in years that she has been sick. Come to think of it, we have all been blessed with great health. Well, all except for Greg. He has been struggling lately with his heart condition. Hopefully we can get it under control soon.

I am also trying to refinish a vanity for Emma for Christmas. I spotted it on a recent trip to DI, sent Jenni a picture of it and purchased it. Jenni has an amazing ability to transform old things into new. It has a lot of potential. Fingers crossed this turns out as I envision it in my mind :) I have it sanded down and ready to paint pearly white - pretty, huh? Hopefully I will have it complete this week BEFORE the baby comes.

Josh has lost his wallet TWICE in the last couple of weeks. That boy makes me crazy. Anyway, both times Emma has said a prayer and found it for him. You would think that after the first time he would get a clue and keep better track of it. Kids. Wednesday he finishes classes for the term. He is looking forward to powdery mountains and snowboarding mingled with work.

Christopher and Sam are finished with finals and ready for the Christmas break. They both did really well :)

Funny comment I heard Emma say to her friend, Casey Anne "My parents are old and tired and I like it that way." Made me giggle. Yep, she is right on the money...old and tired.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Sounds to me that your nesting instincts have kicked in. lol