Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Something That Made Me Giggle

Last week Tara's MIL threw her an open house baby shower. Tara and Austin have been living in their basement for the past two years and last Saturday they moved into an apartment (next to Christopher!). Anyway, before they left the ward, the Anderson's wanted to give the shower.

I had a Primary activity that very evening, so I was late arriving. Jenni and Emma came with me. When we arrived many of the guests were already there visiting and eating munchies. I sat by Tara, and Jenni and Emma sat close to us. It was fun watching all the ladies that came and went. They seemed like very nice people and also seemed to really like Tara and Austin. It made me feel good.

As we were visiting with some of these ladies, I happened to notice that a lot of these gals are your typical "Young Utah Mormon Moms" who dresses much younger than she should in their $150 pair of jeans and carry their Gucci handbags. Anyone that knows me realizes that this is definitely NOT me. I am cheap and simple:)

One of these ladies sat down next to us and began talking to Jenni. They were having a great conversation and seemed to be really hitting it off. As the conversation progressed the nice gal told Jenni that her purse was cute. It is one of the hippie looking things - kind of like a poncho made into a handbag -- and Jenni, being the free spirit that she is, replied without a thought "Thanks! I bought it at a gas station on the way to California for 10 bucks..." Hahaha! I was cracking up inside.

You should have seen the ladies face! Talk about priceless. What is even funnier is that Jenni did not even skip a beat and could have cared less what those ladies thought. Tara, Jenni, Emma and I got a good laugh later when we talked about it. It still kind of makes me giggle when I remember that ladies face...heeheeheee...ten bucks at a gas station...

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am so right there with you :) I love cheap and simple. The other day we were shopping at D.I. in Mesa and Addie said "Mom I am going to shop here a lot when I grow up". It totally made me smile :)

Marja Liisa said...

That is so funny...I can picture it all in my mind.