Monday, October 17, 2011

It Just Keeps Coming


We did not plant our garden this year until the last week of June. Between the weather and our schedules we just did not have time. However, I told Greg that I still wanted a garden and that we would be blessed because we were being obedient. Wow...have we ever been blessed! I can't believe how much we are pulling out of that plot. I even picked a large bowl full of tomatoes today and already have them canned. I can't believe that it is the 17th of October and I still have tomatoes coming...I love it!

My grapes went a little crazy too. I have never seen as many grapes on the vine as I had this year. We now have a lot of yummy grape juice.

The only thing that seemed lacking this year was my apples. I still have quite a few, but not as many as I have had in years past. I tried juicing some of them and it seemed to work quite well. I am now in the process of drying the rest. Emma loves to take the dried apples to school for snacks.

I had intended to pull out all my squash plants today, but when I went out to the garden I realized that they were still producing vegies. Incredible. At this rate, I will have produce until Halloween!

I even planted mini-pumpkins this year. I love them and can't wait to plant more of them next year. I also planted regular pumpkins...at least I thought they were regular pumpkins when I planted the seeds. I will have to post a picture soon of how large they turned out to be. Holy cow...I was not expecting them to be that enormous, but I have to say I love them. I especially love the tangerine color they turned. Beautiful. I had to have Josh roll them to the front of the house to put by the porch. No way am I carving those puppies...it would take FOREVER. A picture of the gigantic pumpkins will be coming soon...

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

I have always wanted to try mini pumpkins.