Friday, March 5, 2010

Josh...Student of the Month

We received a letter a couple of days ago informing us that Josh was chosen as the "Student of the Month" at the high school in the English department. Woohoo! Josh is really a great kid who definitely has a wonderful gift with words. He loves to write and is actually writing some poems right now that are pretty incredible. One of them is about Easter and when he completes it he is planning to submit it to The New Era. I read what he has written so far and I have to say that I was blown away. Okay...I know that I am his mom and therefore not very impartial but even so...it was truly amazing.

Josh has always loved to read as well. For Christmas this year he asked from for the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes. How many sixteen year old boys want a book for Christmas? He also had a teacher give him a book that was a collection of Ralph Waldo Emerson. When I asked why she gave it to him, he replied "Because I told her I loved his stuff and she was surprised that I would read it without it being an assignment."

Congratulations Josh! You make us all proud and we love you :)

1 comment: