Thursday, March 11, 2010

Checking In

I have been in Astoria, Oregon again this past week with my dad and Greg. We have had the best week! Even the weather was better than we expected...sun for two days! If you are familiar with the Oregon coast at all, you will realize that this is nothing short of a miracle for this time of year. Sure we had a couple of days of rain and wind, but that was expected. Two days of sunshine...total surprise! Springtime has definitely come to this small coastal town. Daffodils, blooming trees, and very green grass EVERYWHERE! What a wonderful site. We even succeeded in setting up my dad's art studio. He is really excited to be able to putter around again in that well lit room (we hung 4 huge lights so that he would not have to worry about any shadows while working on his bronzes). I am not sure if he is really physically ready to start producing art again, but at least the spirit is willing. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Greg and I are both sad to see this week end, but are also ready to return home and see our children. We actually really missed them ;)

No comments: