Sunday, November 8, 2009

Quick Update

I have had a very busy week but still feel like I need to post something to my 'journal". So here goes...

Last night we had a rather large dinner with our extended family as well as Samantha's. Sam's mom thought it would be nice for all of us to get together prior to the wedding and get to know each other. At first this sounded like a reasonable idea, but after last night, I swear I will never host such an evening again. I was exhausted. Sam's mom asked Greg and I to take care of the meal, which does not seem like that big of a deal until I found out that her side alone had 56 people coming-yikes! I had initially thought that we would just have immediate family, but I was mistaken :( In the end around 85 people were invited. My entire day was consumed with this dinner. It was nice to come home and put my pj's on and just relax for the remainder of the evening. The good news is that we only have a few more days of insanity until the wedding. I will be happy to have this day come and go!

Jenni has moved back home. She is trying to save money and Greg and I both feel like this is the right move right now in her life. If anyone can make you smile and entertain you, it is Jenni. She is certainly a free spirit.

Tara and Austin just purchased their first car. They bought a really nice Honda Accord. It will be good for them to have a dependable car that also gets great gas mileage. They are both still working and attending school.

Josh just transferred into an AP History class. He is now taking two college courses in his junior year. It is nice to see him challenged. He also was asked by a cute girl to his first formal dance. They go next weekend and I am excited to see him in a tux! He is also busy volunteering on "youth court" at the police station once a week and in the Latin club-whew! I think that covers him for now.

Emma is in between soccer seasons and wanting to sign up for basketball. I might just give in to that request just to get rid of all her extra energy :) She is also busy creating numerous Christmas lists. Today Greg and I were napping and she slid one under the door-ha! That girl was sent to our family to keep Greg and I young. I just hope we survive.

Hopefully next time I will have something more exciting to post. But for now, this is all I have!

2 comments:

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Oh wow! 80 people???!!! I want details. What did you make/serve??? Where did everyone sit??? Good grief woman, you amaze me non-stop! Love ya! Can I help you with anything???

Dawna said...

Thanks Krissy! With that many people we could not do it at our home, so I reserved the church and held the dinner in the cultural hall. I made shredded bbq pork sandwiches. I think that if I smell bbq any time soon that I will hurl :)