Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Happenings

It has been a while since I have posted anything on my blog and decided that I need to say something. Even if it is not really that significant :) After all, this is my journal.

Let's see...what has been happening? This past weekend was General Conference. What a wonderful spiritual feast we had! Jenni and Christopher actually were able to get tickets to go to the Conference Center in SLC and see the Sunday morning session. What a great experience. Jenni told me how much she loved seeing President Monson and listening to his great talk. He centered his talk on giving service to others. He asked that each day we ponder the question "What did I do for someone today?" Wouldn't that world be a much better place if everyone had this mindset?

Saturday evening Jenni, Tara, Emma and myself all went out to eat at Zupas while Christopher, Josh and Greg went to the priesthood session. We really had a great time! Greg took the boys out after their meeting. It always makes me smile to drive around our little city after the priesthood session and peer into all the restaurants and see the men/boys in their white shirts and ties. If you live close to me, you have got to drive by JCW's and look into the lobby next time priesthood session gets out...WOW! I honestly think that Josh looks forward to the meal more than the meeting. Perhaps one day he will see the light :)

This Saturday is Emma's last soccer game for the season. They did really well this fall. They have only lost one game. Emma continues to love it and at times takes it a bit too seriously. Last week she was not pleased with a call that the ref (who is all of about 14 by the way) did not make. She came out of the game talking under her breath saying that he needed to go back to "Soccer School"-EKKKKKK! Talk about a teaching moment. That child is going to be the death of me! Hopefully next week she will learn to hold her tongue...

Emma is also trying to decide that all important issue of what to dress up as for Halloween. Can I just say that I am so happy to almost be done with this stage of my life? I have been worrying about Halloween costumes for 21 years now. She was debating between a lawyer and a princess. Talk about polar opposites! I think I have her finally convinced to be a cute little bunny...easy costume, warm and cheap! Not really sure I how pulled that one off.

Wedding plans are still plugging along. Before we know it November 20th will be here! We really do not see too much of Christopher anymore. He is busy working and going to school. When he does have free time, it is spent with Sam.

Jenni is still Jenni :) I don't want to go into much detail about what is happening in her life. Let's just say that she is here a lot and we seem to have LOTS of talk lately about boys ( I guess I should say boy) and looking forward to what lies ahead in her life.

Tara and Austin are doing wonderful and seem to be loving married life. They are both in school and working full time. Life is busy for them and we are grateful that they continue to stop by and say "hello" and eat. Eating seems to be a theme when they arrive. I kind of wonder if Tara is feeding that poor boy...just kidding, Tara!

Greg started his new job a few weeks ago. It has been such a blessing for our family. He is busy learning all the in's and out's and is a bit stressed, but doing fine. He is the new accountant for MetalMart. I am very grateful for all the hours he spends away from home so that I can stay home with our children.

Well...I think that pretty much sums everything up. Life is good...crazy, but good :)

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Bryan, McKay,Benji, Ed and his boys were all part of the crowd at JCW's, they quickly left and went to China Isle. Amanda and I also noticed all the white shirts & ties, when we were out and about.

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

What an exciting time in your life! And I hear it gets even better! You have a wonderful family! They are soooo lucky to have you for their Mom!