Friday, October 23, 2009

Gardening Complete :)





Yesterday was the last day for all the volunteers that work on the temple grounds at Mount Timpanogos Temple for 2009. We finished planting all the tulips and pansies in preparation for winter. It was actually rather bittersweet. I have loved these past six months working with these wonderful sisters and feeling of their spirits. When I was called to this position, I was really surprised. At first I was hesitant, but I quickly learned to look forward to each Thursday morning and visiting/working with these wonderful ladies. They have taught me so much, not only about gardening, but about life. I now look at the temple grounds with a totally different perspective. I always thought that we had to go inside the temple to learn about our Heavenly Father, but I now know that much knowledge can be found on the dedicated grounds as well. I am already looking forward to returning next spring!

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

The flowers look great!

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

What a wonderful calling to have and I guarantee that each one of those ladies were VERY lucky to partake of your sweet spirit and disposition as well!! I love you and adore you.
p.s. The Temple grounds are breathtakingly beautiful!