Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another Jenni Story

This past week Jenni and her best friend, Val decided to take off for a trip to Disneyland. If you knew these two girls, this would not be strange at all. They decided to go on Friday and left on Saturday. My head was kind of spinning. I have to admit that I was really concerned about sending these two out into the big, scary world all by themselves. Let's be honest... "concerned" does not even begin to describe the terror I felt. On the inside I was having massive panic attacks, but knew that I could not hold them back. My first reaction was "absolutely not!", but then I realized that they are almost 21 years old and I ccouldn't tell them no. They are technically adults...technically. What were we to do???

I am grateful to say that they had a wonderful trip and arrived back home all safe and sound earlier today. However,yesterday I had a funny (alarming) little call from Jenni that I have to relay. It went something like this:

Jenni: Hi Mom! We are at the beach and it is awesome!!!

Me: That is great! What time are you leaving today to make it to St George? (They spent the night in St George both ways)

Jenni: I think in a little while. Hey...could you do us a favor? Would you please google how long it takes to get to St George?

Me: Didn't you just drive there from St George three days ago? Don't you know from that?

Jenni: Oh yeah!!! I forgot!!! Will you do one more thing please?

Me: Sure, what do you need?

Jenni: Can you look on the computer and tell us what road we need to be on to get to St George?

Me: What road did you drive on to get to Disneyland?

Jenni: Oh yeah! I forgot!

HELP!!! Can you see my concern? After a few more minutes of discussion I discovered that they did not even take a map with them. ARE.YOU.KIDDING.ME???? 1200 plus miles and no map. Just get in the car and start driving. It is a miracle that they even made it to the California boarder, let alone a complete round trip. That girl is going to be the death of me. I have to believe that a lot of angels were out there watching over those two. Thank goodness :)

4 comments:

Johnson Family said...

That sounds so like Jenni. Never a dull moment.

The Good Gomer Family said...

This time of year I think one of the things I am most thankful for is...........JENNI!!! She keeps us entertained! :)

Marja Liisa said...

That is so funny! I needed the good laugh this morning!!! Thanks Jenni!

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Now my heart is thumping! I'm glad she is home safe and sound. What a hoot!