Monday, May 4, 2009

Directive from Elder L Tom Perry From Women's Conference 2009



Last Thursday and Friday I had the opportunity to attend Women's Conference at BYU. Thursday I was able to go to classes and on Friday I volunteered as a Host. On Friday afternoon after all the classes had concluded, we were all able to go to the Marriott Center and listen to Elder L. Tom Perry. In his remarks he told us that most of the world does not understand our religion. He challenged us to use technology to spread the word and work of our church so that others could understand better who we are. He asked us to stand up for who we are and to be examples to those around us. Because of this, I have decided that I will periodically post a short video from Mormon Messages on my blog. If you have not seen these wonderful words of inspiration, please take a moment and indulge yourself. You will love them too!

2 comments:

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

What a great idea! I wish I knew how. I need a little tutorial...

Valerie said...

I didn't make it to women's conference this year so I'm searching blogs for notes. Thanks for mentioning Elder Perry's theme and for being an example of obedience.