Friday, February 6, 2009

Super Scribbles

We have the funnest, little (well, actually he is kind of big) kitten. We named him Mr. Scribbles because it looks like someone took a Sharpie marker and "scribbled" all over him. We added the "Mr." because Scribbles just sounded way too blahhhh. On a good day, we call him "Sir Scribbles". He is 6 months old and constantly makes us laugh. He is the most laid back cat I have every seen and will even "fetch" pencils. At first I just thought he was plain nuts, but now I realize we are in the midst of greatness. We have now decided to add the title "Super Scribbles" to his list of titles due in a large part to his latest trick...Let me explain :)

Right beside my side of the bed I have a nightstand that has a small drawer. Inside the drawer I keep Emma's hair ribbons, clips and some elastic headbands. Scribbles LOVES her elastic headbands. I have been finding them all over the house chewed up and I kept telling Emma to stop leaving them laying around because Scribbles is destroying them. She kept telling me that she was not leaving them around the house, and just like a bad mother, I did not really believe her. After all, I had the evidence of mangled headbands to prove it.

Well...a couple of nights ago I was laying in bed reading my book. Mr. Scribbles jumped up beside me and snuggled up to me. As I was reading, he walked right over me and stood on top of the end table. I was curious as to what he was doing, so I put my book down an watched him. He then proceeded to take his paw and after some effort, opened up the drawer and peered inside the drawer for a moment. The next thing I knew, he had plucked out an elastic headband and was heading out of the room with it! That crazy cat!!! I thought that maybe it was a fluke, so I ran after him and retrieved the headband, placing it back in the drawer. I called to Josh to come watch this so that I could have a witness. Well...Scribbles, followed me back into the room and this time he attacked the drawer from the floor. He stood up on his back legs and pried open the drawer with his front paws. I could not believe it! Once again, he looked inside and after some surveying, grabbed the headband. Yes...We are in the presence of a "Super Kitty" :) And I need to apologize to Emma for my horrible accusations.

2 comments:

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

OMGosh!!! That is hilarious! You need to video tape him doing that and send it in to America's Funniest Videos and win $10,000!! I love that you got to see him do it! He's a beautiful cat by the way. "Super Funny"!

Erin said...

Ha ha ha I love it :) We once had a cat that would fight with the light on the answering machine and erase all of the messages before we got home. I saw it happen one day, and I laughed my head off :)