Thursday, February 12, 2009

Going Home

Last Saturday Jenni and Val said goodbye to a very dear friend, Bronson Willard. Bronson has been friends with Jenni and her best friend, Val, since they were in junior high school and during this past year they have spent a lot of time together. Jenni and Val have spent many evenings visiting Brons and taking him places. Even when he was not able to walk, Jenni and Val would go get him and carry him to their car. Bronson's parents told Jenni and Val that their visits to him where his bright spot in his day. And while my heart breaks for my daughter who is so distraught at this loss, I can't help but be proud that she was such a good friend especially when he really needed one.

Bronson was diagnosed with bone cancer two years ago and fought an incredibly valiant fight. Today was the funeral and I have to say that I have never been to such an uplifting funeral for someone so young. The day that Bronson passed away, he told his mother that he was going on his mission. During the funeral today, the opening song was "Armies of Heleman" and I could not help but think of the last time I had heard that song sung by a large congregation. It was the day we took Christopher to the MTC almost two years ago. One of the speakers even mentioned that Bronson was at last on his mission and that this earth was his MTC. I thought of Christopher's mission and how he is coming home in five short days and how excited we all are to see him again. I thought of all the preparations we are making and how much we have missed him. That made me start to think about our Father in Heaven and how excited he must be to see us again after our earthly mission and how he must long for us to come back to Him.

Bronson will be sorely missed but we all have comfort knowing that we will see him again and that he will be waiting to greet us when our mission is over. How grateful I am for this gospel and the knowledge I have of the Plan of Salvation. I am sure that Bronson has indeed been "Called to Serve" and that he will be a GREAT missionary.
Jenni and Bronson at her first High School dance 2005.

Jenni and Bronson with their group at the same dance. Val is in the blue shirt right next to Jenni.






No comments: