Friday, February 27, 2009

A Few Things I Am Looking Forward To This Summer

With the warmer weather we have been having the past few days, I began thinking of everything I am looking forward to this summer. Here is part of my list...

1. Friday's spent at the pool with Marja and the kids. Towards the end of last summer, Marja and I would take her boys and Emma to the pool around 10 am and stay until 4 pm or so. We would pack a cooler and just have a relaxing day at the pool swimming and sun bathing. Man...that sounds so good right now.

2. Planting a garden. I have great plans to plant a bigger and better garden this year. However, my kids will not be too thrilled when they learn that they will have more weeding :)

3. Sitting on my front steps in the evening and feeling the cool breeze come down from the canyon. I love this! Nothing like summer nights in Utah.

4. Watching all the kids play at the park across the street from our home. I especially love to watch them on the giant slip and slide on the hill. It is great and the kids love it!

5. Taking the family up the canyon for a picnic. We are so lucky to have these wonderful canyons so close. It is so nice to just drive a few miles and get closer to nature.

6. Watching all the little kids play T-Ball games in the evening at the park. These little dudes are so cute, not to mention hilarious.

7. SLEEPING IN!!! Not every morning, but if I feel like it, I can :)

8. The mornings that I do not sleep in, going for a walk in the crisp, cool air.

9. Watching the city fireworks from my porch. We have a great view of the fireworks each year. Many people come to the park to watch them and we always giggle watching the people gather. Every year at around 10 pm the city starts their daily sprinklers. I know it is evil...but we get a good laugh watching the people scatter. I just cannot believe that word does not get out year after year. It is a great side show :)

10. Grilling out! Nothing like a barbecue in the summertime. I love a good hamburger or crunchy hot dog. Mmmmmm. I guess I could have this in the winter too, but for some reason, it is just not as good.

4 comments:

Johnson Family said...

2,3,5,& 10 are my favorites on your list.

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

You have made me SO in the mood for Summer! What a great post!!

Elyse said...

I love bbq too. That's one of the best parts of summer. I can't wait to be able to take Will for walks outside!

CaryManda said...

It's like you read my mind! I'm so with you on EVERY SINGLE thing!! I made Cary get the grill clean and a new propane tank last Saturday. I've been using it every night since! I love your new background too!
Looking forward to Wed.!! :)