Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Two Months and Counting...

Two months from today, Christopher will be on an airplane coming home. It hardly seems possible that two years are almost complete. Everyone told me how the time would go by so slowly, but I have to say that this has been the quickest two years of my life. Words cannot describe how much we have missed having Christopher here in our home. His mission has certainly been a blessing not only to the families he has had the opportunity to touch, but to him and everyone in our family.

Last year at this time was a particularly dark period for our family. I remember talking to Bishop Wirtz and saying that I thought that sending young men on missions was supposed to bring families blessings. Without even hesitating, he replied "Maybe this IS the blessing." How true those words were and how wise his counsel has been. Our family has grown so much closer and the spirit is so much stronger in our home. The gratitude I feel for Christopher and the sacrifice that he made really has touched my heart. I am truly lucky to be his mother. I know that when he returns that it will be an adjustment, but I cannot wait for him to walk towards me in that airport and give me a big hug! Love you, Son!

No comments: