Monday, December 22, 2008

All Good Things Come To An End

Yesterday I was released as a laurel adviser for Young Women's. I have been in Young Women's for almost 9 years and it was probably one of the best callings I have ever had. I spent the first six years working with the girls in camp. This was such a blast! Even though it was a LOT of work, it was so rewarding. The last year I helped with camp we went to Heber Valley Campground. This was the best camping experience ever. They even had hot water showers and flushing toilets! Marja and I had so much fun together and really enjoyed each of the girls. The best part was playing volleyball. Who would of thought that volleyball would be so much fun? Ask anyone that joined in that game and they will tell you how we pretty much STUNK at volleyball but really knew how to have a fun time :) I don't think I have ever laughed so hard.
This is at the Heber Valley Campground. I am amazed when I look at this picture and think that some of them have moved away from home, more have married and one even has a baby!
At camp one of the favorite games for the girls to play was "Ride That Pony". If you have not played this game, you have to see it. Our entire ward of youth loved this game. It actually is pretty funny just to watch.
More camp pictures...

This past year our laurel class visited every temple in Utah. This brought us all so much closer. I love every one of these girls. Each of them has touched me in one way or another. I will really miss not seeing them twice a week and when Wednesday night rolls around it will seem really strange to not be heading to the chapel for mid-week activities.

A big THANK YOU to all the leaders I had the opportunity to work with. We have shared so many things. I never would have thought in a million years that I would ever stand up in front of an audience and sing karaoke to Britney Spears "Oops, I Did It Again" with Shazelle. It is amazing what you find yourself doing for these girls. Thanks again for all the good times!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw! You rock my world Sister Williamson! I will for sure miss you lots.. I guess all good things do come to an end! Well I love ya!! Thanks so much for what you have done! Hey you get to be with the rest of the ladies that have been released! Lucky!!!

Johnson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johnson Family said...

That game of volleyball was the funnest I have ever played. Who can ever forget Megan's serving style? I enjoyed serving with you in YW.

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

I'm certain the memories you've created for these young women will be forever remembered in each of their hearts. I had wonderful YW leaders just like you, and I still think about them and ALL the fun we had and how much they cared about me, still to this day!! Did you get a new calling? Or do you get to rest for a bit?