Saturday, December 20, 2008

Annual Christmas Sing

Yesterday was Barrat Elementary's Annual Christmas Sing. I went with Lezlie and Jenni and we had a good time watching all of the kids perform. Emma's class was the last one to sing, so we ended up staying the entire time. I was not really planning on staying the whole time, but I am glad that I did. All of the kids did a really good job and it is a great way to kick off the holiday recess. I had a hard time getting a good picture of her while they were performing. She is kind of hidden by the gal next to her, but you can still see her.
They sang three songs and the last one was called "Snowball Fight" and was sung to the tune of "Jingle Bells". During one point of the song, all the kids threw waded up white paper that looked like snowballs. It was really cute. What was even funnier was that the audience got into it and started to throw then back. It really was a snowball fight with little white balls going back and forth.
This was after the performances. Jenni spent the night so that she could get up early and do Emma's hair for the big event. Pretty cute. Emma was thrilled to have her big sister come and watch her.
Hard to believe that I only have two more years of this and all my kids will be done with elementary school. Just does not seem possible.

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

The times goes by so quickly.

Nancy said...

Emma is so cute. I can't belive I have only seen her a few times. My Emma is already 5 soon to be 6 in January. I found your blog... I don't even remember how! I have had fun reading it the last couple of weeks. Love to your family. By the way...this is your cousin Nancy!