Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy 20th Birthday Jenni!

Today our little Jenni is 20!!! Wow! She is our Christmas Eve baby and her arrival actually is a very funny story. I was convinced that she was not going to be born until January because Christopher had been so late coming. Her actual due date was December 19th, but I was certain that it would January before she came.

Greg's family had come from Alabama to spend Christmas with us. We were living in Salt Lake at the time and on the 23rd of December Greg, his Dad and brother, Steve, all traveled through the snow to Provo to watch the BYU Cougar Classic (men's college basketball tournament) at the Marriott Center. Greg's Mom and two sisters had taken my car to the mall to finish up their Christmas shopping. I decided to stay home with Christopher (who was 14 months) and my sister in law, June stayed with me to give me a perm. Just as we were getting ready to take out the rods from the perm, my water broke! So there I was, stranded with no car and beginning labor. I decided that I somehow needed to get ahold of Greg. Bake in good ole' 1988 we did not have cell phones. I called the Marriott Center and told them that my husband was there and that I had an emergency at home. They told me that they would find him. Well...I guess they flashed an emergency message on the scoreboard for "Greg Williamson to please come to First Aid" for the entire arena to see.

About this time, Greg's mom and sisters arrived back at our apartment and drove me to the hospital where I met Greg a few hours later. She was born at 11 am on Christmas Eve and I left the hospital at 7 pm that night so that I could spend Christmas morning with Christopher. Jenni slept in a little moses basket under the Christmas tree that night with her Aunt Stephanie and Aunt Michelle right beside her.

Jenni was actually a very shy when she was small. I know that is hard to believe! Her very first Primary program she got up to the pulpit and looked out at the audience and started to cry uncontrollably. I had to walk all the way to the front and retrieve her and calm her down. My how things have changed! We love you Jenni and hope that you have a wonderful birthday!



3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

What a great Christmas gift, Happy B-day Jenni!

Kris said...

Happy Birthday Jenni! Hope you have a great birthday.

Elyse said...

Happy birthday! :D