Saturday, September 13, 2008

Unexpected Quick Trip

I just returned from a very quick trip to Boise. Dayna and I originally had planned on going to Sun Valley this weekend with our Mom. Dayna had a seminar there for her work and she invited me and Mom to come along and enjoy a luxurious room while she was gone in the daytime and then we would do things at night. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera, so I do not have any pictures to share.

Anyway...I got a phone call from Dayna Wednesday last week telling me that Mom had just hurt her back and that she would not be able to go to Sun Valley with us. After some discussion it was decided that Dayna would go to Sun Valley for her seminar and that I would head on to Boise and take care of Mom for the weekend. My Mom was not doing too well and for the first time in her life, she was using a walker. We were all a bit concerned that she will not be able to make it to the northwest this coming weekend for her Mother's funeral. However, I think that she will make it. I told her that we will do whatever it takes to get her there. Dayna and I are flying with her, so hopefully she will be okay.

I really enjoyed my short weekend with my Mom. My only regret is the amount of time I spent driving! I told Mom that I am glad that we are flying to Portland and not driving. After this quick trip, another 14 hour drive is not too appealing :)

Another great bonus for our weekend was that Dayna and I actually crossed paths on our way home this afternoon. Through cell phone communication, we miraculously found each other and even were able to stop and have a short visit at a gas station on I-84!

It is good to be home...at least for 5 days, and then off again. This weekend I will be sure to take my camera!

No comments: