Monday, September 8, 2008

God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again

My Grandmother, Laurice Hilma Richardson Brinkerhoff, passed away today at the wonderful age of 94. What an amazing women she was! It is hard to put into words the impact she has had on so many people. In the picture above, she is sitting with Emma at Emma's baptism. Emma's middle name is Laurice (pronounced Lore-iss), after her amazing great grandmother.

My Grandma was the first member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on the Richardson side of my family. She was truly our family pioneer. Since her conversion, 16 grandsons and 5 great-grandsons (including Christopher) have answered the call to serve full time missions and spread the gospel to all parts of the world. I imagine that there were many spirits in heaven that anxiously awaited her arrival. How grateful my children knew this elect lady and can call her their great grandmother. I also am grateful that she was released from her mortal body and is now progressing onward in a new journey. We love you, Grandma, and will miss you very much. God be with you 'til we meet again.

3 comments:

CaryManda said...

What an incredible blessing --knowing the truthfulness of the Gospel and knowing that you will see her again! How lucky your kids are to have known her!

The Good Gomer Family said...

That was a wonderful tribute to such a fine woman. I am so glad that I got to know her and call her Grandma......we will all miss her!

The Good Gomer Family said...

That was a wonderful tribute to such a fine woman. I am so glad that I got to know her and call her Grandma......we will all miss her!