Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School 2008

Today is the first day of school for the year! This summer has gone by so quickly and it hardly seems possible that we are beginning another year of school. We have had a great time these past few months and I am kind of sad to see them all go back. However, I love having my quiet time in the mornings all to myself and having everyone back on an early schedule.

Emma is in the 4th grade this year and very excited to have her very first male teacher, Mr. Bezzant. She was also looking forward to seeing all of her friends that have been gone all summer.
Josh and Tara are both in high school this year. They wanted no part of having pictures taken this morning...I guess they are both just getting too old and that is fine. Tara is a senior this year and will graduate in May with 24 college credits. Wow. She makes my head spin. Josh is a sophomore and is happy that we live close enough to the school that he can come home for lunch with his friends. Not sure how I feel about having a daily invasion during my lunchtime :)

2 comments:

Kortney said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe that Emma is in the 4th grade!!! I swear she is still three years old!!

The Good Gomer Family said...

Emma looked so darling today! I can't believe all our kids are the ages they are....doest that really mean we are older too??!!:)