Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Memory Lane

I was going through some old photographs and came across this one and it really made me stop and smile. Although it is not in the best condition, (as noted in the marks on the photo), it made me realize how fast these kids have grown up. I remember the day this picture was taken. It was in November of 1994 at the photo studios at BYU.

I remember how hard it was to get all four of these little kids (ages 1-7) ready for a picture and then the task of keeping them neat until the session was over. Tara had cut her hair just a few days prior (as you can clearly see) and not one of the photos taken that day had Christopher looking directly forward. He was distracted by EVERYTHING around the camera. Josh was tired and wanted a nap and Jenni was in one of her "moods". Aunt Dayna had made the cute little dresses for the girls and I had rushed to the fabric store to get some ribbons for their hair right before we left the house. If you look closely, you can also see the little necklaces Aunt Dayna bought the girls as well.

After looking at all of the proofs a few days later I contimplated re-doing the session because Christopher was not facing forward in any of them. I all at once realized that was what I wanted to remember from this day. That is exactly how Christopher was as a child...always taking everything in around him and not paying any attention to what was right in front of him. How glad I am that I did not change my mind and re-do any of this. I really love this picture and how it makes me feel when I look at it! My, how they have all grown up.

3 comments:

The Good Gomer Family said...

LUV IT!!! I can't believe I had never seen that picture. Soooooooooo sweet and it captured the real Christopher. I hope he can look at your blog and see the picture. Miss you guys....here's a big hug!

Gina said...

I remember that photo. It was taken right after Kirk & I got married.

Kelsey said...

Ow-OOOW!!! What a good looking family...I can't wait to see what I think about our family pictures in 20 years! Not that you guys look bad, styles just change, ya know?