Sunday, July 20, 2008

It's A Small Mormon World


I went to church today and as I was sitting in the chapel waiting for the meeting to begin, I had an elderly lady come up to me and tell me that her daughter saw Christopher at a dinner last night. First I thought...Do I know you? And second I thought, who is your daughter? I guess her daughter (Laura) lived in our ward for a while and taught Primary and remembered our family. Unfortunately, I do not remember her. Her mother told me that Laura walked right up to him and said "you have a little brother, don't you?" He said "Yes...", she then said "Your Mother's name is Dawna, isn't it?" Again he replied, "Yes." I guess she proceeded to tell him that she used to be in our ward and remembered him. Evidently he was very surprised and asked that she let us know that he is doing great and loves being a missionary! She said that he looked healthy and fit and seemed to have a great spirit about him.

I am so thankful to have these members around the world taking care of our missionaries. How grateful I am that he has all of these wonderful sisters to dote on him, bake for him when he asks me for recipes, and make sure his needs are met. What a wonderful church we have! Thank you to anyone that has assisted a missionary in any way. You have no idea what comfort you give a Mother who can't perform this service for her child.

No comments: