Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Legend of Jenni and the Key

We love our little Jenni! She is always keeping us laughing at the crazy things she does and says. Hopefully someday she will figure out this big world and be able to be on her own-hahah! Yesterday we had a great story to add to the book. However, before you read this, I want you to know that she was totally fine about me sharing this. She was laughing too :)

Last night she had my Expedition out by herself. I was shopping with Greg, Emma and Josh. Suddenly I get this phone call from her telling me that she locked the keys inside the car. I told her she probably needed to call the police department and see if they could come unlock it for her. After a few minutes I get another call asking for information to fill out a waiver from the police department...we hang up. Another couple of minutes pass and she calls back laughing like crazy. I ask her what in the world is going on. She then proceeds to tell me that as the policeman was beginning to try to unlock the door, he glanced over at the passenger side and begins to walk over there. He touches the handle, lifts it up and poof! The door opens. She had not checked the other doors in the car to see if they were unlocked before making the call. THAT GIRL!!! That story would be funny in and of itself...but there is more.

So we get up this morning and she tells me that she had to have the police come again to unlock the door last night. I say "Right, Jenni." She insists that she did and proceeds to tell me what happened. She came home late last night (all of us were asleep) and was outside talking to some boys in the driveway when she suddenly realized that she had locked the keys in the car AGAIN. She calls a bunch of friends to come over to help get the keys out of the car with no luck. By now it is about 2am and I am asleep and have no idea that there are about 6 young men in my driveway trying to break into my vehicle (at least I know that it is fairly secure). Finally, with no luck, they decided they have to call the police again to come help. A nice policeman shows up and stops, looks at the vehicle and asks "Hasn't someone been here tonight already for this car?" Jenni quickly replies "Nope." All of the guys chime in emphatically "YES!!!!" The policeman starts laughing like crazy and told Jenni that she has been the talk down at the police station all night and now he has more to add to the story! Oh yeah...the first thing he did was check all of the doors to make sure none of them were unlocked :) Jenni we love you and hope you never stop making us smile!

One more side note...she is going today to make herself a copy of the key and getting a key chain that attaches to her belt loop so she can't possibly leave it behind.

1 comment:

The Good Gomer Family said...

That's our jenni!!!!!! Tell her I love her!!!!