Saturday, March 10, 2012

This Past Week

Let's just say it has not been a good week. Today is the first day since Tuesday that I have not been flat in bed sick. However, today is just starting and perhaps it may still end that way.

I was watching Aubri Tuesday morning and all the sudden I felt sick. It was/still is awful. Unfortunately, Aubri has been sick too. She was acting really restless that morning and looking back I think we got it about the same time.

I am thankful for my children and husband who have been such a great help during these past few days. Lezlie even brought us dinner last night, and I know that was not convenient for her with the busy day she had. Thanks, Lel...we really appreciated it. Tara and Jenni have also brought dinner in and Greg has offered to make it tonight. What would I do if I did not have my family to help out? I am truly grateful.

I am not close to 100% but I felt like I needed to record the gratitude I feel for the people in my family that have cared for me these past few days. Not only my children, husband and Lezlie, but for my mom for listening to me cry on the phone and for Dayna for her prayers and support too.

In the meantime, I have come to realize that this is not going away in the next little while and that I need to be patient and just accept the fact that dishes can wait and laundry will eventually get done and the floor will someday be mopped. It is all okay. Really....it is.

1 comment:

Marja Liisa said...

I had no idea you were sick...i feel bad i haven't helped you. What a friend I am. I will call you tomorrow!