Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bittersweet Weekend

I am still sick - yuck. I think I feel better and then I try to sit up. Not good. This past weekend I found myself missing out on a couple of things that actually made me cry. I would like to blame it on the flu and a fever, but in reality, I am just selfish and wished that I could have actually have been there to see these events for myself.

The first thing was Emma's Futsal game yesterday. I cannot even remember the last time that I have missed any of her Futsal/Soccer games...ever. Of course the one time that I am not there it turns out the be the game of the year. Thankfully, Greg was able to take her and she had one of us there. They ended up playing the team that bumped them out of the semi-finals last season. I think the other team thought that they would get an easy win - ha!- not so...

Emma's team was down 0-3 at halftime. Greg told me that shortly after halftime Emma scored three, that's right, THREE goals right in a row. Or as Greg put it "BAM, BAM, BAM!". Evidently the other team was completely stunned. He also told me that she sparked the comeback of the year and that they went on to score three more times before time expired and went on to win 6-4! Wow...wished I could have been there and as happy as I was when she called me and told me all about it on the way to get celebratory ice cream cones with Greg, Ashely and Casey, I hung up the phone and cried.

Today was moment number two. Emma had been asked to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting a couple of weeks ago. Today was the big day and I was home in bed still sick. I actually had the thought of getting ready to go and just sneaking in the back of the chapel to listen to her give her very first talk in Sacrament Meeting. Crazy, I know and no, I did not do it. I could barely stand up after taking a shower. Who was I kidding?

Instead I got on my knees when I figured she would be speaking and said a prayer that she would be able to do her best. After the prayer I cried again. Words can't explain how badly I wanted to be there. It still hurts to think that I missed it. Thankfully, Greg, Christopher, Samantha, Tara and Aubri came to support her.

When Greg came home from all his meetings, I asked him to take me on a drive. I jokingly told him he was "Driving Miss Dawna" on a Sunday afternoon - ha! I have been cooped up in this house since last Monday and needed to feel some fresh air and look at some fresh scenery. It helped. I still feel sick, but at least I feel more positive on the inside. This too will pass.

1 comment:

Marja Liisa said...

holy moly...maybe you have mono. I promise I will call you tomorrow. We were up in Tremonton all afternoon. Hope you get feeling better. btw: Emma did a great job!