Sunday, October 10, 2010

What A Great Dude

I am heading out again early, early Wednesday morning. My poor family. I just returned from a seven day trip to Boise and in two more days I am heading out for five more days in Oregon. Kind of stinks. The only bright spot is that I will soon be eating some Fultano's Pizza and some fresh halibut...yummmmm. Oh yeah, and I get to see my dad too :)

When I received the phone call from Mark telling me that dad had requested me to come take care of him, I have to be honest...I was a bit worried about telling Greg that I would essentially be home for a minute and then be leaving again...for FIVE MORE DAYS. I felt really bad for him. Whenever I leave he never complains, but I know it is hard for him. He told me that this last time he did not sleep good without me here. He was up worrying about everything. Ha...welcome to my life :) So...when I called and told him that I would once again be boarding a plane that sweet man totally surprised me. His reply? "What do you do? Your father needs you...I love you and you need to go." What a great dude.

2 comments:

Marja Liisa said...

That is very nice....we can help with Emma whenever you need us to.

Kris said...

What a great daughter you are to take care of your Mom and then your Dad. My prayers are with them both.