Friday, October 15, 2010

A Crazy Week

I finally have some time from my crazy merry-go-round of life to post an update of our family. Here are some of the significant things that we have been doing in the last little while.

1. Emma ran for student council and won! (Big smile...) I was able to see her give her speech Tuesday in front of the school and she did great. Jenni, Tara and Austin also came. Isn't it great that these kids support each other so well? I am blessed.

2. I arrived in Oregon to find my dad in pretty bad shape. Poor guy. Kirk met me at the airport and we headed straight to Astoria. When we arrived I had my dad test his blood sugar levels and they were through the roof. However, I am now happy to report that today we finally seem to have them under control. He is still not close to where he needs to be to live by himself, but at least there is some improvement. I am also worried about his feet. They are so swollen. This is not good. I am getting him into a doctor ASAP in Utah to take a look.

I am also happy to report that my dad is agreeing to drive back to Utah with me to stay for at least a month. This also means that Sam and Max (his two rather large cats) are coming too. I am heading out to the vet in a minute to get some traquilizers for the cats so that we can calmly make the trip. Maybe I need some too :)

3. Today is Christopher's 23rd birthday. I called him this morning to wish him a Happy B-Day and he was having a great day. I sure love that kid. I feel so bad that I am so far away, but we will soon have our big family dinner celebration. I am thankful that he is old enough to understand that I needed to be here with my dad. Once again...I am blessed.

1 comment:

Whitney Parry said...

That is so exciting about Emma. I love that girl!