Thursday, July 5, 2012

Milo & Henry

Meet Milo & Henry.  
These little guys are Maddie's latest kittens. 
 They were born on June 1, 2012 at 1:00 am...at least Henry was.  
Not sure about Milo.  He arrived sometime between 1:30 am and 6:30 am.

I actually had a dream a couple of weeks before they were born and in the dream she had her kittens the weekend that Jenni was to be married.  I was a little stressed thinking that this would happen while we were all gone for the weekend.  Maddie is really old and I wasn't sure she would make it through the birthing process.  As Greg says, it is like a 90 year old woman giving birth.  However she surprised us all and pulled through.  

Anyway, my dream was right.  They were born the night morning before the wedding.  Around 11:00 pm Maddie started meowing like crazy and would not leave me alone.  I realized this was going to be a long night, so I made her a comfortable bed in the family room and laid down with her and just kept petting her.  Yep, I was her birthing coach. 

 Josh was there with me and to keep him busy I had him Googling "what happens to cats when they give birth".  He was pretty grossed out.  At one point I told him that he needed to take my place and help her breath (totally kidding).  I told him to just go "hee hee whooo, hee hee whooo" hahahaha!  He was not amused but I was giggling.  

During this process Jenni got home and upon realizing what was happening began to dry heave.  Serious?  And then at 1:00 am when Maddie popped one out she really had issues.  I can't wait to hear all about her first birthing experience someday. 

These little dudes are now spunky little kittens.  We already have a home for one and the other I will be positing on KSL.  Thankfully I have never had a hard time finding homes for these critters.  In the meantime, Aubri has discovered them.  She loves to "crawl" over to them and squeeze  pet them.  Thankfully they can run a lot faster than she can crawl. 
  

No comments: