Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Be Still Time

Each morning I try to take a walk.  Sometimes that doesn't always happen, but I try.  I do not allow anyone to come with me--it is just my rule and my family knows it.  I do not want chatter and conversation.  I want quiet.   It is my time to think and ponder and receive inspiration.  I am amazed how many times I have thought of answers to questions troubling me at various times just by taking this solitary walk.  There really is something to the wise counsel given to us by President Hinckley years ago--Be Still.  

When I was in Boise I was able to take my walks each morning.  This picture is of a field that I passed each day.  So quiet and tranquil.  All I could hear were birds chirping and singing.  It is a great way to start the day and remember that Heavenly Father created this beautiful earth for each of us to enjoy. 

No comments: