Saturday, June 23, 2012

First Sleepover At Grandma's House

Last week Tara and Austin celebrated their 3 year anniversary and asked if I would watch Aubri overnight for them.  Sure!  I had her almost 24 hours straight and she was an angel.  I cannot get over what a good little baby she is. 

 I took her for a walk, played outside with her, sat on the porch where we watched people go by, read books, played patty cake, gave her a bath and many more other silly things that I do not normally do anymore.  It was great. 

My favorite thing I did  with her was snuggling.  There is nothing that can make the world stand still quicker than to hold a sweet, innocent baby and watch her slowly go to sleep.  When she got tired, she just nestled into my arms.  So sweet.  She went to sleep at 7 pm, woke up for one hour around 9:30 pm and then went right back to sleep until 5:00 am. When she woke up at 5:00 am it was because she was cold so I brought her into my bed where she cuddled right up to me and went right back to sleep until 8:30 am. (the picture above is when she was in my bed.  Not sure how comfortable that position was, but she did not seem to mind too much so I left her).

Yes, I was tired the next day --not sure why other than I am just plain OLD, but it was worth it.  I can't wait to have more sleepovers with more grandchildren someday.  Did you get that Christopher and Jenni???