Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mom & Me Roadtrip - Part 3

I have an obsession. Barns and old buildings. I am not sure what my problem is, but I probably need some kind of help. I love everything about them. Textures, colors, shapes...EVERYTHING. (I want one of these next to my chicken coop someday - ha)

While on our trip, my mom was very patient with me. I would stop the van on a dime if I spotted a barn of some kind. I was snapping pictures left and right. It even got to the point that she could spot them before I did! I have a great collection of photos that I hope to translate into drawing and painting someday. Here are some of my favorites that I thought I would share...

This first picture is of an old farmhouse that was once owned by one of my ancestors. Don't you just love the tree? That is an amazing tree. I had to tromp through quite the field to get this shot...in my flip-flops...through blackberry bushes...not the best combiniation:) It was worth it though.



The next barn was on an old back road and we just happened to stumble upon it. We had left the main road to take some pictures of a covered bridge and the road took us on a loop. This was on that loop. Talk about hitting the jack-pot! I love everything about this barn too. Especially the weathered boards on the front of it. It almost looks like it is crying...good stuff. Also...notice the blackberry bushes in the foreground that are growing out of control??? See...they really are weeds out there.

The next picture is of the barn my grandmother used as a child. I really like the simplicity of it. I also like how it is nestled in between all those gorgeous, large, green, green trees.


The last picture down is just of some random barn I saw...no ancestral ties. Just a cool barn...

And finally, these building are located just outside of Lime, Oregon. I pass them each time I go to the coast and I have always wanted to stop and take a picture of them. So...this time we did! It was raining and I had semi-trucks flying by me, but this shot was worth it.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

On our drive to Oregon we saw a couple old and interesting looking barns and I thought of you! I must have known this about you without even realizing it! Old barns are very country and...Oregon I think. I kind of like them too, What fun!