Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Holding Hands

Today I was walking with Emma and as we were walking she reached out and grabbed my hand. I love the fact that she is 10 1/2 years old and still loves holding my hand. This was not an isolated incident, but rather a pattern that she has developed over the years. Wherever we are or whatever we are doing, she always reaches for my hand. It is such a simple gesture, but it says so much and I can't help but smile a bit whenever I feel her perfect little palm slip into mine. It fits into my hand so perfectly...almost like God molded them together. I know that in the not too distant future, she will no longer be reaching for my hand and it makes me sad. But for now...today...she still is and I love it.

2 comments:

Marja Liisa said...

Emma is a sweet, sweet girl. I have enjoyed having her in my home.

CaryManda said...

i love love love that.
Such a sweet memory.
you should put that in her book!