Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tara's Unfortunate Event

This morning Tara wrecked my Expedition about 15 feet from our driveway. I had asked her to run Emma to school. She decided to take my vehicle rather than hers because she did not want to use her gas (okay...it is literally about 1/3 of a mile from our home and her car gets around 30 miles to the gallon...do the math). Anyway...after she pulled out of the driveway, she looked down for a minute and the next thing she knew she had run right into the neighbors unsuspecting trailer parked on the street. Yep...it was not even a moving object :) At first look it did not seem too bad, but when she tried to move it, it would not turn properly. I think that she seriously jacked up something underneath with the wheels. It has been parked at the park across the street all day while I have been dealing with the insurance company and they finally have a tow truck on the way. We have pretty much been giving her a hard time all day. I know that someday we will all look back on this and say "Remember that time Tara hit the neighbors trailer??" Ha! And while I will be without a car for a bit, I can't help but chuckle.

Below are some pictures of the victim...(and I am not talking about Tara).



Here is the unfortunate target.

The above photo shows how close she was to our home. That is our mailbox in the foreground.

4 comments:

Elyse said...

ha ha takes me back to the first days of dating Brandt when he wrecked three cars... lol

Johnson Family said...

Never a dull moment, but a great post for blogging.

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Yikes!! I hope it doesn't cost too much.... Goll, it wasn't even Friday The 13th yet.. :D

Lorna said...

I was wondering why your vehicle was over at the park. How funny.