Thursday, August 2, 2012

Seeds

Christopher called me today with some great news.  He received a message from his mission president telling him that a lady he had taught on his mission was finally being baptized this Saturday.  She had somehow contacted President Sanchez and told him that she really wanted to talk to Christopher but did not have his contact information.  President Sanchez passed along the information to Christopher and he called her earlier this afternoon.

Some background information:  Christopher and his companion had found this lady while knocking on doors in 2007.   I remember Christopher telling us all about her and her son, Mark.  Unfortunately, she did not get baptized and he was rather sad about it.  I had forgotten about them until Christopher called me today. 

During their conversation, Jill (the lady)  mentioned to Christopher that she still had the Book of Mormon that he had given her.  Evidently it was one I sent him with my testimony in it to pass on to someone.  She asked him who Dawna Williamson was?  Ha!  She told him that is the book she reads from all the time.  I have a vague recollection of writing my testimony in that book and after I had sent it off, I completely forgot about it--until today.  When Christopher told me this, it kind of choked me up.  All I could think of was little seeds.  He had planted little seeds and now five years later she is accepting the gospel and being baptized.  Once again, small and simple things...



No comments: