Monday, January 11, 2010

Standing A Little Taller

A few weeks ago Emma asked Jenni and Jenni's boyfriend, Cordell, to tuck her into bed. (Yes, we still tuck her into bed...what can I say? She is the baby!)

Jenni and Emma sleep in the same room. We have a bunk bed set in there with a double bed on the bottom and a single on the top. Emma sleeps on the bottom bunk. Jenni and Cordell decided to tell her some stories before saying "Goodnight" to her. So...Cordell and Jenni crawled in the bed on either side of her. While they were telling her a "bedtime story" Cordell happened to glance up and saw a little book was tucked into the boards that held up the top bunk. When he looked closer he realized that it was Gordon B. Hinckley's book, "Stand A Little Taller". He then asked Emma why this was stuck up there. Her reply was very matter of fact..."I read this at night with my scriptures. I like this book because I can understand it and sometimes I can't understand the scriptures".

Now, I had no idea that she had that little booked tucked away in her bunk bed or that she was reading it. That child never ceases to amaze me. What a little angel. How grateful I am for good children who strive to stand a little taller. This experience really touched me. It made me realize how blessed our family is and what amazing spirits we have in our home.

On a side note...Cordell bought her a new book very similar to "Stand A Little Taller" for Christmas. It must have touched him too :)

2 comments:

Kris said...

That's one of the sweetest things I've heard :0

CaryManda said...

Love. That.
You truly are blessed!!

Can she teach mine a little lesson? :)